Position title: M.S. Student
I am a master’s student in Electrical and Computer Engineering at UW-Madison. I am broadly interested in Machine Learning, Computer Vision, Data Science, and Software Development. I completed my Bachelor’s in Electronics and Telecommunication with a minor in Computer Engineering from College of Engineering, Pune. I worked with Citi for 2 years as a Machine Learning and Software Engineer.
- University of Wisconsin-Madison | August 2021 – Present
M.S. in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- College of Engineering, Pune | May 2019
B.Tech in Electronics and Telecommunication
Minor in Computer Engineering
- Machine Learning
- Data Science
- Computer Vision
- Embedded Systems
- Adobe Intern Project Expo 2022 Winner – Digital Media Organization
- Graduate Student Grant 2022, North Central Sustainable Agriculture Research and Education
- Design Automation Conference (DAC) Young Fellowship, 2021
- Best Outgoing Student Award by College of Engineering, Pune from the undergraduate batch of 2019
- Best Student Project Award 2019 for undergraduate theses by Tata Consultancy Services
- Smart India Hackathon 2019 National Winner, conferred by the Government of India
- SpeakingEyes: Enabling Paralyzed People to Communicate. Omkar Prabhune, Priti P. Rege. 2019 IEEE 16th India Council International Conference (INDICON), pp. 1-4
- AeroKey: Using Ambient Electromagnetic Radiation for Secure and Usable Wireless Device Authentication. Kyuin Lee, Yucheng Yang, Omkar Prabhune, Aishwarya Lekshmi Chithra, Jack West, Kassem Fawaz, Neil Klingensmith, Suman Banerjee, and Younghyun Kim, To be appeared in Proceedings of the ACM on Interactive, Mobile, Wearable and Ubiquitous Technologies (IMWUT), Vol. 6, No. 1, 2022 (To be presented at the ACM International Joint Conference on Pervasive and Ubiquitous Computing (UbiComp) 2022)
University of Wisconsin-Madison
Research Assistant | January 2022 – Present
- Developing Deep Learning and Computer Vision models for behavior analysis and activity monitoring of dairy cattle for early prediction of health conditions such as heat stress for sustainable livestock.
- Modeling Computer Vision system for cattle detection, identification, tracking, and posture recognition, and deploying them in resource-constrained environments such as edge devices.
SWE (Machine Learning) Intern | June 2022 – September 2022
- Developed Machine Learning models to automate the task of bug triaging (classification) for Quality Engineering team.
- Improved the accuracy of the ML model from 49% to 80% with better data analysis, cleaning, handling of data imbalance, and improved text processing, feature engineering, text vectorization, and gradient boosting model optimization.
- Built ML prediction pipeline and integrated it with the in-house tool for bug triaging to automate 5 hours of manual work per engineer per week. Secured 1st position in the Intern Project Expo 2022.
University of Wisconsin-Madison
Teaching Assistant – ECE 315 | Fall 2021, Spring 2022
- Conducted lab sessions on EDA tools for PCB design, discussion sessions and grading.
Citigroup Inc. (Citibank)
Technology Analyst – Data Science and Software Development | August 2020 – July 2021
- Built Data Analytics and Visualization dashboard providing insights into large data on trade settlements. Constructed a streamlined data pipeline. Improved user experience by making it intuitive to navigate and comprehend.
- Developed Natural Language Processing (NLP) engine for entity and intent recognition. Achieved 22.7% increase in accuracy and 350% increase in user engagement in Smart Search Application.
- RESTful APIs and website development for Data Lineage Tool using Agile methodology to improve the productivity and collaboration of software development teams in the organization.
- Developed commentary redaction tool using Natural Language Processing (NLP) to automate the process of proofreading, reducing the commentary’s time-to-market and human errors (Citi’s D10X Hackathon – 2nd position).
- Pilot Projects: Modeled machine learning-based prediction of fraudulent credit card transactions using clustering, developed deep learning-based signature verification to reduce the processing time for document verification.
Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
Research Intern at Rapid Rich Object Search (ROSE) Lab – Deep Learning | May 2018 – July 2018
- Modeled Deep Convolutional Neural Network-based text-paragraph image classification.
Siemens Technology and Services Pvt Ltd.
Research Intern – Intelligence Traffic Systems | July 2017 – February 2018
- Developed Computer vision-based real-time vehicle detection for Adaptive Traffic Signal Controller resulting in travel-time and emission reduction.